Cookie Crust Banana Ice-cream....... Just because I love bananas!

Bananas are extremely healthy and yummyyyyy.
  • They contain several essential nutrients, and have benefits for digestion, heart health and weight loss.
  • Bananas are among the most popular fruits on earth.
  • Bananas contain a fair amount of fiber, as well as several antioxidants. bla bla bla. 

In as much as this is not why I am here, I thought it beneficial to back up my love for bananas as they always taught me to cite my references while writing grad school paper works :) frustrating right? 


SUMMER 


I look at the sun and all I can think of are bananas. :) :) Always remember that the owner of this blog loves food just so I don't always surprise you with my comparisons. Summers in Virginia can always get up 80 -95 degrees Fahrenheit. (Now that is very hot!!) But that's when you come up with summer food ideas like my Cookie Crust Banana Ice-Cream with awesome toppings(my secret for now). I do the most but that's just me trying to exceed your expectations.








Ingredients

One cup of blueberries (Lowers blood cholesterol:)).
2 Tablespoons of plain yoghurt (Aids Digestive health). 
2 Cups of frozen bananas  (good dietary source of potassium and magnesium)

One pack of crushed Ritz crackers for the crust. (so much happiness under the banana ice-cream waiting for you)




Half cup of sliced strawberries( Great antioxidants and lowers blood pressure).


Directions:

Before you start blending the thawed bananas (unfrozen), you'd need to crush your crackers as that would serve as the crust
Slice your strawberries :) 

1: Add the frozen bananas and plain yogurt (you can use others if preferred) into your food processor and blend. Always scrape the sides of the blender occasionally and continue to blend until smooth. This should take approximately 4-5minutes.
      Note: If your banana is not frozen, you can go ahead with the preparation and later freeze

2: Pour your crusted crackers into any serving bowl of your choice (I prefer using the smoothie jar)

3: Scoop the blended banana into the jar until half the container.

4: Place your strawberries and blueberries on top the half filled jar and scoop the rest of the bananas until your desired quantity (I like it full to the brim)

  •   Now this is my favorite part!!! Garnishing!!! Who doesn't love smiling to a well presented food? nobody!

5: Garnish with your favorite toppings (I used strawberries and blueberries). 

6: Now enjoy your delicious and well presented Crusted Cookie Banana Ice-Cream (The name is quite longer than the procedure LOL)  Enjoy!!!!!! Let me know how you did! and please leave comments on how you prepare yours because we are all Learning from each other. 

Picture time!!!



















Food Jokes......hopefully it's "filling" to you. Don't be dry and not get the joke.













References:

Benefits of bananas, Retrieved from www.google.com
















Comments

  1. I'm usually not a fan of bananas but I just tried this recipe and OH MY GOODNESS! This is amazing! My new favorite go-to recipe for bananas. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tada!😁😁😁😁... great job 👏🏾

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Nigerian Stew

Pancake w/ Warm Blueberry Sauce